Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Saturday, August 26, 2006
8 Driving Skills
1. Eat a cheese stick while driving a stick shift and talk on the cell phone at the same time. (I even peeled the cheese stick piece by piece).
2. Pass on a sidewalk. You will do anything to keep from being late to work.
3. Stall out the engine in the middle of a intersection so that you can go through a red light illegally.
4. Do homework on the way to school by attaching the book to the steering wheel. Just avoid cornfields and low level ditches.
5. Follow an ambulance with your emergency lights on and this will get you to the hospital faster if your running late to work. (I only did that 1 time).
6. Swerve your car like crazy back and forth to bully another driver if they cut you off or get in your way. (Do this especially if they are a male driver. They will never mess with you again and will gladly give you the road). Believe me I do this all the time and it works...
7. On Hwy 95 I had _ex with hubby in Georgia or maybe it was South of the Border while he was driving. That was like 1996. Were too old now but rock on if you can.
8. Once the cops were behind me and I kept driving and acted like I was looking for someones house. (paper or a map in hand always helps) You can't help you were paying attention to signs and speed.
This post was just for laughs and giggles. Some of the driving skills are true. However nobody was hurt during the making of them. I do wear my seatbelt at all times.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Funeral on a Thursday
After I got home from school I immediatly went in to go check on how the bird was doing. The kids were still at the sitters and I wanted to spare them any upset if she had past. I was alittle heart broken myself when I looked in the critter carrier and found her upside down and stroked out. A few minutes later the kids came in the door asking about, Shimmer. I was shocked to hear they named her already and then I was afraid someone was gonna start crying when I told then she was dead. But the took the news pretty well and we went outside rather quickly and barried her in the hole that James had dug while looking for worms earlier in the morning. Ethan acted as out minister of services and said a nice prayer about thanking the lord for the food. Maddie placed a nice heavy brick over the dirt so that Lulu would not be able to dig Shimmer up if she got the desire to do so.
Well I guess now we can say we owned a bird for about a few hours and take that animal off the to get list.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Girls Gone Shopping
My tooth that I had worked on Tuesday at the Endodontist is still in alot of pain. I think I will call them in the morning and let them know and see what they say. Hopefully they will recommend I come back in for a check up and have the dentist look over the tooth again. In the meantime I have been chewing down Motrin and Darvocet for the pain and it is making it so that I can tolerate the pain and not be so grumpy toward my whole family.
Today Maddie and I went on alittle shopping spree. We do it together as a way to hang out and connect as mother and daughter. We make fun of weird looking clothes and she loves to look at housewares with me. Our first stop was for a bite to eat. We chose Taco Bell because we are the only two in the family that will eat there. We both had soft tacos and cinnamon sticks. This gave Maddie some time to tell me about this boy at church who kinda of likes her but she doesn't like him. He wants her to be his girlfriend and she only wants to be friends. This is my que to remind her that she is only 8 years old and not ready for such things and besides he is a grade below her and girls of her class don't date lower classmen...duh....From there we went to Walmart and got a Garden Mum for my front porch. It is going to be a nice burgandy color. It will look beautiful on my front porch and I plan to make sure I get it planted in the ground. My problem is that I get so busy with work and school that I forget to get around to everything else.
Maddie needed to get a new back pack so we headed up to Dick's Sporting Goods and we found a great pack made from Nike for only 35.00 dollars. Her last pack was a Jansport and it lasted her for 3 years. She could use it again this year but she really wanted a new one. This Nike one that she got is really cool and goes over the shoulder and neck and hangs on the side. I am glad she found the one she likes. She isn't picky but for her size she didn't have much to choose from. After that we were off to find shoes. Walmart shoes were out of the question. They were ok when the kids were smaller but for some reason our Walmart in Ithaca was over picked and seemed to be stocking last years leftovers. So to cut through the chase of finding her a shoe we went straight to Shoe Dept. in the mall and got her a cute pair of White sneakers with 3 strips on the side that were in sparkle pink. I can't believe she wears a size 3 in shoes. My son James is in a Mens Size 7. These kids are growing faster than the years are going.....
Well for myself I tried not to buy me anything. I am really going to get focused on loosing some weight. I have been yo yoing back in forth and I need to just stick with it. I did however get my eyebrows waxed today. I was really bushy. It is so relaxing when they rub and tweeze my brows. While I laid their and let the lady do her job, Maddie asked her every question about how to wax eyebrows. Maddie doesn't miss an opportunity to inquire about how to do something and if she sees a professional she will pick their brain. The lady was really nice and answer most of her questions.
We ended the evening with a stop at Hollywood Video to rent the movie, Shaggy Dog. Since we knew that the guys would be at church tonight, we cuddled up on the couch together and watched it all by ourseleves. I love spending time with Maddie and I am blessed that she loves spending time with me. I know one day she will hate being around me, find me boring, or become a rebellous teen and that is ok but for now I can cherish the moments that I do have with her.
Friday, August 18, 2006
2. Do you ever take the soaps and shampoos from hotel rooms? YEP
3. Have you ever had sex in a hotel room? Yes and even after I found out that sometimes maids don't change the sheets if they are in a hurry to clean a booked up hotel.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign? No but I had one given to me once.
5. Do you use post-it notes? No I use the non sticky kind though at home. I don't know how we came to have them maybe Thad bought them.
6. Do you cut coupons out but never use them? I use coupons all the time. My last coupon was for shampoo and conditioner
7. Would you rather be attacked by a bear or a swarm of bees? Bees because I am not allergic and would run and jump into our pool if I was attacked at home. A bear would scar my beautiful body.
8. Do you always smile for pictures? Always
9. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who drive too slow and don't know when to brake the law sometimes
10. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? OUT plus I have my own sheet because Thad can't share. One night he almost choked me to death by pulling too hard on the sheet. Thankfully I am still alive to be writting this blog.
11. Have you ever peed in the woods? Yep with a paper plate between my legs folded like a taco so I don't pee on myself. It works well too. Although peeing standing up is a fine art and takes time lots of time to master. We just were not may to do it outside of the shower.
12. Do you chew on your pens or pencils? NO
13. What is your favorite animal and why? Dog because they love you when others don't.
14. Do you like popcorn from those big tins? Only the cheesy flavor kind
15. Could you marry the person you are with right now? Oh yeah
16. Is is okay for a guy to wear pink? Thad does sometimes and I find it sexy
17. Do you still watch cartoons? Ghostbusters is still on Cartoon Network and I like to watch ED, Edd and Eddy even though it is snotty cartoon
18. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had it? In my skinny clothes since I nor anybody that knows me would look for my treasure there
19. What do you drink with dinner? Duh...Sweet Tea
20. What do you dip your chicken nugget in? BBQ Sauce
21. What is your favorite food cusine? Whatever Thad cooks for me when I don't feel like cooking. I will eat anything when I don't have to make it.
22. What movies could you watch over and over again, and not get tired of them? Space Camp, Titanic, Robin Hood the Prince of Theives, Pearl Harbor, Shes Having A Baby
23. Where you a boy scout or girl scout? Girl Scout 1985-1987
24. When was the last time you wrote a letter to a person on paper? 2 weeks ago to my dad
25. Favorite kind of sandwich? Tuna sandwhich
26. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Thads pancakes
27. What is your usual bedtime? 1 or 2 am
28. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as? Tweetie bird, Super Woman, Cheerleader, and a Nun which got me 1st place in a high school contest at a Halloween Dance
30. How many languages can you speak? Just 1 it is called English
31. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? This Old House, Parenting (keeps coming even though we don't pay for it)
32. Are you in love? Oh yeah Thad is my dream lover. Sometimes he really opens up to me and shows me his true feelings and that is when sex is the best.
33. Which are better? Legos or Lincoln Logs? I don't care for either seeing is how I am the mom and have to pick this stuff up. Plus I always step on one of them in the dark and it sends me wanting to curse
34. Red or white wine? I like a blush wine like Sutter Home Zinfindel
35. Are you stubborn? No its the PMS
36. Watch a soap-opera? YES I watch All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital.
37. Sing in the car? When I am alone or else the kids will make fun of me or try to sing along and then I get frustrated because it breaks up my day dream of me being on American Idol.
38. Dance in the shower? Our stand up shower is not that big. A fat girl is liable to hurt herself.
39. Dance in the car? If I did that they would think I was driving drunk. Then for sure I would get a ticket.
41. Last time you got a picture taken from a photographer? Does home porn pictures count? Just Kidding.....
42. Are musicals cheesy? Yes Like the movie Oliver Twist. Hated it.
43. Is Christmas stressful? Yes and I have to do this years Sober. How stressful is that?
44. Favorite type of fruit pie? I am a nut pie myself. I like Pecan.
45. What did you want to be as a kid? A police woman. But then I grew a nasty taste for the law.
46. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes I saw one in our house we rented in Endicott New York in 1999. I swear I did and my best friend Angel is the only person to this day that believes me.
47. Ever have a deju-vu feeling? All the time I think it is just my brain playing tricks on me though.
48. Take daily vitamins? Slim Fast
50. Wear a bathrobe?Yes it is bright pink
51. What do you wear to bed? T-shirt and crop sleep wear pants, no bra.
52. First concert? Skid Row which opened up for Poison in 1991-92 Gosh that brought back memories....
53. Walmart, Target, or K-Mart? Wal-Mart even thought most of all their workers have to rely on the welfare system and food stamps because they are not paid a living wage.
54. Nike or Adidas? Nike but I use to really like Fila's
55. Fritos or Cheetos? Baked Lays
56. Corn nuts or Sunflower Seeds? Neither they are bad for my teeth. I like cashews.
57. Have you ever chosen a boy/girl over a friend? I choose Thad always.
58. Ever take dance lessons? I wanted to take dance lesson for Swing but Thad said no he would do it. I didn't want to go alone.
59. Can you curl your tongue? No and I am the only one in my family who can't.
60. Ever won a spelling bee? No I am always on Dictionary.com
61. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? When my kids were born especially when James was born. He was my first and I will never forget his birth because it totally changed me. I cried the night the brought him for his feeding and he had his hands folded like he was praying for his dinner.
62. Own any records or record player? I used to own both but yard saled them in the late 90's but my records were Salt & Pepper and Jon Bon Jovi.
63. Regularly burn incense? No. I like Yankie Candles instead.
64. Who would you like to see in concert? Third Day which is coming to Binghamton NY here soon. Maybe Thad will take me.
65. Ever been in-love? Yes and I am married to my lover and sex machine.
66. Hot tea or iced-tea? Sweet Ice Tea.
67. Tea or coffee? Sweet Ice Tea always before taking any cup of joe.
68. Favorite kind of cookie? Oreo
69. Can you swim well? Enough to save Thads life if he is drowning although I might tell him to get with it because I don't want to jump in after him and get all wet if it an't nessary.
70. Can you hold your breathe without manually holding your nose? Yep
71. Are you patient? Have you ever seen me drive? It is why they invented defensive driving courses. I might as well teach the course myself.
72. Ever won a contest? If you call motherhood a contest then I have won it 3 times.
73. Ever have plastic surgery? I will when I am 40 or 50 and my boobs are sagging past my the top of my jeans or if my eyebrows are being tweeze off my cheek bones. That is when I will do plastic surgery. If my life span is expected to be until around 85 or 90 years of age I don't want to be stepping on my boobs or having people thinking I got a mustash you know.
74. Which are better, black or green olives? I like them all.
75. Can you knit or crochet? Crochet but only for about 30 minutes a day or else I get bad hand pain if I do it longer than that.
76. Best room for a fire place? I have always wanted one in our bedroom so that Thad and I could have well you know in front of it in the winter but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
77. What is the best way to show affection? Sympathize with me baby!
78. Would you rather do without your cell phone or car? cell phone.
79. Do you have any regrets? Not telling my Grandmother before she died that I loved her despite the lack of relationship we didn't have. For letting my parents break up me and Allen Jones (a high school sweet heart even though if thing would have worked out I would be the mother of two sets of twin girls now) and not going to college before kids.
80. Did you do well in high school? Bare minimum I had other things than school work on my mind. But if Thad and I had known each other even though he was one grade ahead of me we would have dated and I would have rocked his world. I was a tease and a trouble maker. His mother who to this day maybe still doesn't like my past would have not liked me then. I was out spoken and did what I wanted.
81. Do you still talk to people from high school? A few months back ago I got in touch with a two girls that were my very best of friends in high school and one of them had a really diffucult birth with their baby. I wanted to go home to see them because I skipped out on our 10 year reunion cause I have been a hermit crab lately. I haven't talk to them since. They still live the smoking pot and beach life and I just don't do that anymore....
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Hot Mama Running From the Law
"Picture taken at the Red Wings game while I was eating a Ice cream & Fruit Filled Crepe. Yummy was that good.."
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Over a bridge and up a hill.......
This all could not come at a better time in my life. In just 1 week I start back to school at TC3. My class that I am taking is a year long class broken up between 2 semesters. It is a very intense study and will need me to be very focused if I plan to pass this class. Everyone I know at work that has taken this class has either failed it the first time around or had to take it twice because the grade they receieved was too low to enter the Nursing program. I am alittle worried about it and just want my headaches to be the last thing on my mind. I don't really like the ideal that my class is at 8am in the morning. For all those who know me the best, you know I hate crawling out of bed that early. I am more of a night person and would rather sleep till 9:30 or 10am. Thad says to think of it as having a daytime job. I really wasn't paying attenting to his comment at the time and we were having such a nice family outing I didn't want to spoil the fun but I should have told him that I have had a daytime job for the past 11 years now. It is call being a stay-at-home-mom. What the hell do you think I work nights for?
Men.....They are always trying to put a quilt trip on you just when they think your not paying attention to what they are saying........